The best way to protect yourself from germs is washing your hands. It's quick and simple and can prevent you from getting sick and spreading germs to others. Just think, someone sneezes or coughs and touches an object. Then you touch that same object and right after touch your face. When you come in contact with those germs you are putting yourself at risk of getting sick. It's important to be aware of what you are touching and making sure you are constantly washing your hands. Before you eat it's crucial that you wash your hands because if you don't those germs are going right in your mouth. Those germs will multiply and attack your immune system.
The hand washing method:
1. Wet your hands with either cold or hot water and apply soap. Most people think hot water is the way to get rid of germs but cold water works just as well.
2. Rub your hands together and make sure you scrub between your fingers and under your nails as germs can be in those places.
3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Instead of counting to 20 you can sing "Happy Birthday" twice to make sure you are washing your hands long enough.
4. Rinse your hands under the water.
5. Dry your hands with a clean towel.
It's also a good idea to carry hand sanitizer with you. This is very convenient and a good way to get rid of the germs. Make sure to use an alcohol-based and sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. If you get anything less it won't be as effective.
Get in the habit of washing your hands throughout the day or using saniziter as this is the best preventative measure you can take so you do not get sick.