With it being the new year it's time to give your body a healthy reset. Most people experience chronic inflammation because of stress, lack of sleep, or having an unhealthy diet. With this comes fatigue, joint pain, swelling, digestive issues, depression, and worsening of diseases. It's time to get back on the right track and eat foods that will help your body. Foods that are known to decrease inflammation are fruits, vegetables, healthy fats (avocado, nuts, fish) and whole grains.
Here is a recipe with tons of nutrients that will help decrease inflammation.This would be perfect to have in the morning with your breakfast or in place of it!
- 2 handfuls spinach or leafy greens
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 T almond butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne (start light and add as desired)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.